Shooting at the Walls of Heartache
Updated: Dec 18, 2019
...I am the Warrior.
In today's session we will introduce warrior pose. Yoga asana has evolved over time and it is very likely some of the postures come from martial arts practices. ( If this is something that interests you, you can explore disciplines such as the Indian martial art of kalaripayattu or ones from the other side of the globe like capoeira ).
1. Tadasana - standing
2. Ardha uttanasana - forward fold with spinal extension - if you have back issues stopping here might be a good idea.
3. Uttanasana - forward fold with back gently rounded. Feel free to keep knees bent. Also, try to make sure your hips are higher than the low back.
4. Standing with legs wide apart, sometimes considered a variation of triangle pose. Trikonasana.
5. Parsvokonasana - side angle pose
6. Virabhadrasana 2 - warrior 2
7. Prasarita padottanasana - wide leg forward fold / wide leg downward facing dog
8. Prasarite padottanasna ( another variation ) - wide leg forward fold - hands closer to feet - but, again watch out for the low back.